1/21/2015

Budapest Bonkers Top 100 of 2014: 10-1


Hi everyone! For the second time after 2013, the countdown of the best tunes of the year was up and running. Though I am heavily late, it is time to wrap up the best tracks from last year!

It has been an outstanding year, we saw new genres rise such as deep house and future house, we saw new superstars born such as Oliver Heldens, Tchami or Kygo and we have enjoyed tons of great music all year long. Let's rerun the best tracks from 2014 on this heavily biased list!

10. PHARRELL WILLIAMS X DAFT PUNK - GUST OF WIND (URBAN CONTACT & FARLEON REMIX)
First, I thought that this is going to be the "Get Lucky" of 2014, however it is way better while the duo of Urban Contact and Farleon managed to take it to even higher levels by adding a serious bassline and some super funky elements.



09. SIGMA FEAT. PALOMA FAITH - CHANGING (MAJESTIC REMIX)
Sigma became true superstars in 2014, though it is Majestic's own majestic touch that turned the drum & bass original into an epic nudisco floorfiller.



08. ZHU - FADED
We saw the birth of a new superstar with this track.



07. HIGHER SELF FEAT. LAUREN MASON - GHOST
Future house was one of the most popular new genre definition with Higher Self being one of the best at it. Well deserved top 10 finish!


06. KANT VS. MK - EY YO
I saw so many dancefloors just exploding to this track. KANT is also one of the strong candidates for the producer of the year title.



05. HOT NATURED - BENEDICTION (LXURY REMIX)
I could not imagine that there will be any better versions than the epic original. Luckily, Lxury could imagine. The result speaks for itself.



04. MOTEZ - PROMISE ME (ALEX BRANDT RE-EDIT)
The original would purely made the top 10 but Alex Brandt's saxy sounds rocketed this one to so many of my summer sets.



03. DUSKY - YOOHOO
If it wasn't released in November this could be even higher! Stunning production, I can't resist to play it in nearly every set!



02. BLONDE FEAT. MELISSA STEEL - I LOVED YOU
This is totally personal but you must know that feeling when you hear a track for the first time and you think "WHAT IS THIS? I NEED THIS!". Perfect vocals, perfect balancing between house and indie dance. Exactly what I'm looking for!



01. EELKE KLEIJN - MISTAKES I'VE MADE
I think the biggest story in electronic dance music in 2014 was the rise of deep house and any alternates referring to the genre. This track totally stand out for me, both for musical and personal reasons so before I started compiling the list I already knew that this one will finish as the top choice.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése